2012年7月24日火曜日

Much Ado about Nothing



I watched Much Ado about Nothing. This movie is a comedy by William Shakespeare. This movie was screened about from 1599 to1598 for the first time. Kenneth Branagh directed this movie in 1993. Shakespeare has created masterpiece others. This work is one of the famous work among them. I will try to introduce this movie.
First, I introduce the main characters in this movie. Because I didn't know name of the characters and their relation when I watched this movie for the first time. The names of heroes are Claudio, Pedro and Benedick. Claudio is count, Pedro is a grand duke. They are getting along well. And the names of heroins are Hero and Benedick. They are cousins. They also get along. They almost look like sisters. And just a bad thing in terms of this story is Don John. He plots a bad thing.
Because he does not like Claudio and Pedro. Don John is half brothers with Pedro. He has a grudge against that of Pedro and Claoudio. This story is set in Messina. The Pedro and his troupe arrived at Messina. There were a lot of people that waiting for Pedro and his troupe. The people of Messina were all very happy to see that they came there. Then, Claudio thought cute about Hero. He fell in love with her at first sight. He thought that he want to propose to her. But he doesn't have confidence in himself. He couldn't to propose to her. So, he opened his heart to Pedro. Then Pedro said that he became a supporter for Claudio. And he made a plan. Pedro said that I'll pose as Claudio, and I'm going to propose to her as Claudio at a masked ball. They thought it is good idea. But Don John heard the talk. He plans to interfere with it. On the night of masked ball, he thought that try to execute the strategy. He was deceived as betrayed Pedro. Claudio caught in its trap of Don John. 
But, misunderstanding was quickly solved. His strategy was failed. Marriage of Pedoro and Hero was decided. They were very happy. And they had to have a wedding the next day. So far, they were happy. And they were in love with each other. But the relationship between Pedro and Hero would be destroyed by Don John. He thought too bad thing. It was the lowest plan. He showed a fake cheating scene of Hero. Claudio had believed it nicely. Also Pedro saw the scene too. They also had been deceived by Don John. The wedding day, Hero who does not know anything was looking forward to the wedding. Wedding begins, when the word of the oath.
Claudio was suddenly rejected to Hero. And he said many terrible things to her. She fell down in a faint. Hero's father was rage against it. Then they thought the way to solve the problem. It is thing to tell a lie that Hero was dead. They thought this lie will change the situation now. Then subordinates of Pedro were known the bad attempt. They tried to prove that Hero is innocent. But they were not good at explain. Because of that, the situation is not conveyed well.
Eventually the truth was transmitted, has been proven innocent of Hero. Claudio knew it was very regret and he thought it was poor. Everyone thought Hero was dead. But Hero is alive still now. The father of Hero said to Claudio to marry with his daughter of a relative. Of course Claudio said yes. He wanted to atone for Hero and her father. On the wedding day, 4 women with veil appeared in front of Claudio. One of them was chosen as a bride. They said the words of the oath each other. And after that it found that the bride was Hero. Everyone was very surprised. Smile returned on the face of Claudio. Also people who cheer up the Hero. And then Don John were caught. Peace has returned to Messina. Pedro and Hero were connected. But there were another couple connected in this movie. It is Benedick and Beatrice. They were always a quarrels every time they meet. But they gradually charmed each other by misunderstand. Misunderstand was had been created by Pedro, Claudio and Reonato. The plan was successful as a result. They looked like suits . I’m very happy because I thought they are getting along well from beginning. And I thought this movie is spicy love story. This movie was a totally different story with my imagination. I thought pure love story at first. But I like this movie as soon as I watch. I think this movie is more  interesting than normal love story. This story has a thrill. I like thrill love story or spicy love story. In this story, there is a scene that Claudio attacks the Hero. But I can’t believe this even though Hero had a secret love affair. I thought he had to believe her at anytime if he really likes her. At least I will believe my lover. I want to watch this movie one more time if I have a more time. And after I watched this movie, I’m interested in other works of Shakespeare. My friends said Shakespeare in Love was very good. It is spicy love story too. So I want to watch it next time. That’s all. Thank you for reading.
909 word


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿